You probably already know that there are so many different types of massage out there; but when it comes to distinctiveness, nothing beats deep tissue massage. It is a type of therapy that focuses on stimulating the deep layers of muscle in the body. Its healing benefits are widely accepted that even some doctors consider it as a legitimate treatment option. With the use of slow, firm, but deep finger pressure, many different physical ailments are treated while different levels of pain are relieved.
Here’s a look at the most common and popular benefits of deep tissue massage:
- Chronic Pain Reduction – According experts, deep tissue massage is a more effective treatment for the relief of chronic pain compared to conventional medicine. This is because the pressure put on the muscles allows better blood flow all throughout the body. As a result, inflammation is thwarted, which in turn results to minimizing the possibility of the body producing pain sensations.
- Improvement of Blood Pressure – Another notable benefit of getting deep tissue massage is you’ll obtain that much needed relief from tension and stress. So long as your body gets rid of those stress and tension, your blood pressure will improve. As a matter of fact, there’s a proven study, revealing that a person who had a deep tissue massage saw a significant drop in systolic pressure as well as diastolic pressure to normal levels. Check out http://edition.cnn.com/2006/TRAVEL/07/03/spa.trends/index.html?section=cnn_travel for more details about spa.
- Makes a Person Happier – Even though there still is no specific research on it, practically everyone in the medical industry knows that any kind of massage helps in the production of serotonin, a hormone in the body that produces the feeling of happiness and optimism.
- Erases Scar Tissue – An individual who regularly gets deep tissue massage will eventually help his/her body erase any semblance of scar tissue. The reason why this type of massage can do this is because it precipitates lymphatic circulation and drainage, which in turn helps in improving the affected area’s flexibility. Get new york spa deals here!
- Injury Rehabilitation – Finally, if you happen to be suffering from a muscle injury, then get a deep tissue massage because doing so will help in facilitating the movement of toxins from the muscles. Likewise, it also aids in stretching and relaxing tight and twisted muscles in order to promote the possibility of healing. Find massages near me here!
With those benefits above, there really is no reason why you shouldn’t get one. The fact is there really are no side effects or risks involved, only good things you get from deep tissue massage.